Monday, June 14, 2010

Burma Superstar

309 Clement St
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 387-2147

Reviewed 6/7/2009

Definitely cute and definitely different. I can see why there is a write-up of it in the New York Times.

But to-die-for? I beg to differ.

I would like to go back to try the curries and noodle dishes. The famed samusa soup and tea leaf salad are worth trying (again because I had never had anything quite like pasty tea leaves before. Ditto for many of the things in the soup). But the tomato salad, while different, was not particularly special.

For dessert we had the banana spring rolls with coconut ice cream. It was gorgeous, but not particularly memorable in the flavor department.

I didn't use my chopsticks because there looked to be a hardened red pepper flake cemented to one of them.

I still would like to try the curries and noodle dishes at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment