Well. So the previous plan of doing short Tweet-like blog entries did not work. Meanwhile, a lot has happened since then.
A few top-headlines from our media this week:
- Japan nuclear plant hit by fire and third blast
- Fire caused dangerous radiation leak
- Japan stock market plunges 10.6%
- Radiation hits harmful levels at Fukushima plant
- Struggle to supply food, fuel, water and medicine
- Nearly Half a Million Japanese in Shelters, as Tolls Rise and Foreigners Flee
- Japan's dead, missing toll nears 20000
Suisen - Northern California-grown daffodil variety from the land of the rising sun
Right about now, it's approaching 7:00 AM on Sunday, and the Japanese are waking up to a new day. The country is still there. It has not liquified, as I was expecting the news to say, and there are quite a number of Japanese, neither microwaved nor drowned finding ways to get back to their lives.
Libya is now dominating the news.
Here's to peace. The world over.