Friday, July 16, 2010

Fantasia Coffee & Tea - Milpitas

528 Barber Ln
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 382-9168

First Review 6/7/2009


Man, the hot taro drink with "taro balls" was BLISS.

My taro-drink quest was at last satisfied!

The server asked me if I wanted "taro balls" with my drink so I said yes, absently thinking they were tapioca balls. Instead they were like these tender, taro-flavored chunks of mochi, settling at the bottom of my cup. Pure heaven.

The drink itself was distinctly taro tasting, and creamy but not heavy. And it was the color of malt, not purple eyeshadow.

I want to go back and try the cold version.

I will be back!!

Second Review 12/4/2009

I still enjoy the tea here but man the service is so.....irritatingly fake!

I can't stand it when people say "have a nice day," with a fake, forced smile. Please, I'd rather you said nothing. Or better yet, just say "thank you." You don't even have to smile. Or say "have a nice day" and look at me in the eyes--again, no smiling required.

The pretense of being caring when you're not...well that drives me crazy, and for some reason this place really set me off for having this quality.

I could be back for taro tea though.

No comments:

Post a Comment