Friday, July 16, 2010

Jitlada

1826 Buchanan Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
(415) 292-9027

Reviewed 3/20/08
As I am not so savvy about Thai food, I don't know if this food was "authentic" or how it compares to other Thai places. BUT WHO CARES. I enjoyed everything I had, and would order it all again.

Tom Kha Gai w/chicken - the lemon/coconut soup was a little creamy, a little sweet, a little savory and a little tangy. Mmmmmm.

Pumpkin curry - A little bland, a little dry, but yes, I would order it again as I luuuuuv pumpkin and it paired well with the other, spunkier entree we had... (BTW, pumpkin lovers must try Sunnyvale Kabul's pumpkin dish, if they haven't already.)
Speaking of spunky...

Evil Princess - tofu (or meat) with sauteed spinach and napa cabbage in a red sauce. We ordered it mild so it was not very spicy, but it was bursting with flavor. With the rice, the dish was like buttah. This was probably my favorite dish.

Sticky rice with mango -- the rice was black. Now this was new to me. It had this wonderful chewy texture to it. My friend quipped that the mango was not up to par, but I didn't care. I was on a carb high at that point and was managing to tear into the rice despite feeling very uncomfortable along the waistline.

I also had their house lemon grass tea, which--it's a shame--I didn't get to enjoy because we were running late to a festival-movie across the street. Having seen the movie, I can tell you that I would have preferred to have lingered at the tranquil, lovely little restaurant with it's flower beds and fountain sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment