Saturday, July 17, 2010

Zazie

French
941 Cole St
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415) 564-5332
zaziesf.com

Reviewed 8/30/2009


Cute little neighborhood restaurant with Édith Piaf crooning in the background. It sports a bit of a worn look.

I went on a bright and gorgeous weekday morning when simple pleasures in the city were abundant.

The food was tasty in an uncomplicated way. I had the poached egg with smoked salmon, capers and home fries. Mmm Hollandaise sauce! Mmmm home fries! There were roasted WHOLE garlic cloves mixed in with the potatoes. I was eating them like candy.

Imagine how I smelled later. Hmmmmm...

But I have had better cappuccino.

Nonetheless my server was a sweetheart and I was quite taken by how Zazie complements the residential neighborhood. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment