Monday, July 12, 2010

KCRW Radio

1900 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90405
(310) 450-5183

10/29/2008

KCRW ROCKS. Really, it does. It is home to cutting-edge alternative sans commercials and awesome, super-hip, yet down-to-earth DJs.

Thank god for streaming. Otherwise I would have to move to LA.

KCRW has given me a real appreciation for DJs--I mean these guys (and girls) not only have sexy voices but they know their sh#$. And their music library is incredible. They do not recycle their playlists (did you hear that commercial radio stations?). They are also creative and playful; it is not unusual to hear songs from say MGMT and Flock of Seagulls in the same play set because the DJs play whatever they damned well want!

Listening to their shows, I feel very much in-the-know about what's coming down the pike in alternative, and what is playing in sophisticated clubs around the globe. (Or at least I get the impression that I do.)

KCRW's talk shows are progressive, informative and excellent as well. Le Show. Which Way LA. Good Food... You go Harry Shearer and Evan Kleinman!

KCRW ILY! I'm a subscriber!

No comments:

Post a Comment