Saturday, July 17, 2010

Flax Art & Design

Art Supplies
1699 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 552-2355

Reviewed 8/30/2009



Kid in a candy store---that is me at Flax.

I usually don't get anything here but just look and fantasize and bubble with admiration at their beautiful supplies. As such, I can't comment on whether their pricing is competitive although it sounds to me like it's a bit on the expensive side...

On a typical visit, I will look at the gorgeous paper wall-hangings from the Philippines and imagine how they will look in my apartment, or admire the Italian stationary and think about who I'd write to on it... wonder who might best enjoy that black and white photo card of the Dalai Lama.

My favorite activities are to browse their HUGE paper collection for Japanese designs, and check out their notebooks and journals...

I wish I'd gone here rather than University Art for that collage I made a few months ago! I am sure their collection of paints and crayons is amazing.

The store gets my creative juices flowing. And the service is friendly without being annoying. Keep it up Flax! Your buyers have terrific taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment