Monday, July 12, 2010

Chow

215 Church Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415) 552-2469
http://www.chowfoodbar.com

Reviewed 9/28/2008

What is all the fuss about Chow?

$15 for a Numi tea and a cobb salad that consisted of just a handful of greens and not even a full egg! And the dish wasn't even attractive!

I actually brought my camera so I could take pictures of the food! But I decided not to take any because my salad was so like the kind I would fix for myself.

Ultimately my server charged me for a "medium" salad because she agreed, when I said, "Is that a large?" that it seemed a little skimpy.

The Chow experience started off on a bad note.

When I asked the server for the brunch items, she said they only served those until 2PM.

BUT I SCHLEPPED 2.5 MILES FROM THE CALTRAIN STATION WITH VISIONS OF A 1,500 CALORIE PLATE OF PANCAKES OR WAFFLES TOPPED AND FILLED WITH SOMETHING CREAMY AND SINISTER. PLUS IT'S ONLY 2:30!! CAN'T YOU DO SOMETHING!?!?

I decided to start with hot cider.

Sorry, I was told. They no longer serve that.
*BUT LOOK UP THERE! IT'S LISTED ON THE WALL!*
Distraught because my carby-breakfast items were not orderable, I asked what were favorites adding that I don't eat red meat.

She gave me a few options--mostly pastas, and the cobb salad--but said that most of the popular items had meat in them.

*BUT I THOUGHT THIS WAS A VEGGIE FRIENDLY PLACE!*

I didn't say the words in the asterisks--aloud, that is. But I was yelling them in my head.

While eating, I tried to enjoy the great window seat I had, while ignoring the perfect view of the sidewalk sign advertising delicious ORGANIC BREAKFASTS.

To be fair, my salad tasted better than average (prime greens, tender, organic chicken, creamy avocado and great thin slices of bread). But it was obviously not chow enough for me! I was too miffed to order dessert. I just didn't want any more chow from Chow. Ok, I'll end there.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment