Friday, July 16, 2010

Wonderful Foods Co.

2035 Irving St
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415) 731-6889

Reviewed 6/7/2009

Some Kind of Wonderful. (Ahem)

Have been on a quest to find the best real taro pearl drink in Norcal and, based on some of the local reviews I have read, I thought it would be here. But it way wasn't.

I believe they use frozen taro, which might be acceptable except that my drink gave me brain freeze and didn't particularly taste of taro (though that could have been due to taste-bud-paralysis resulting from the freeze).
Service was also chilly. They do not seem to believe in eye contact here.

But they do have the tapioca DOWN. Gummy all the way through.

Based on my one experience, the shop might be better called Mediocre Foods & Lousy Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment