Monday, July 12, 2010

Mediterranean Wraps

433 S. California Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94306
(650) 321-8189
http://www.kanzeman.com/medwraps

Reviewed 10/28/2008

I used to love Med Wraps. The word shawarma would set off a flight-or-fight response that screamed: destination Med Wraps.

But now that I've tried other Middle Eastern places, the sympathetic NS says: destination Elsewhere.

This place is good for fast food. It's well priced and quick and the service is delightful. Also the men preparing the food always look like they are enjoying themselves, and the owners care about the customers. This has been the case for years.

But the tabbouleh is consistently too lemony, the humus a bit bland, and tonight the dolma was filled with mush. It was like porridge inside. And the bread is just, well, you could get it from Safeway.

Falafel is the best offering of what I have tried. Actually the chicken shawarma is (or used to be) good too.

I like the festive, inviting and casual and I'd keep going with some improvements in But for now, I‘d rather get my Mediterranean cravings elsewhere. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment