Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kabul Afghan Cuisine

135 El Camino Real
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650) 594-2840
www.kabulrestaurant.net

Reviewed 5/17/2008


I really wanted to jump on the bandwagon and like this place, but it was just OK. Nice ambiance inside (from the outside it looks like they could be selling real estate...or bail bonds) but the food was nothing to write home about.

I had the veggie platter with the eggplant, spinach, and pumpkin. The veggies all looked like they came from cans. That was disappointing. The pumpkin reminded me of canned peach halves, and they were actually a little watery looking.

Not that anyone was was forcing me to clear my plates, which I did in timely fashion...the restaurant was just below par per my expectations.

But my foodie bud liked it, and raved about the pumpkin which she wants to order three portions of the next time she goes...though it might be with another friend!

It's worth mentioning that the service was pretty good.

I think I prefer the non-related Kabul in Sunnyvale for the food. But then, their service was not nearly as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment