Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Natural Café

698 Higuera St
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
(805) 546-9200
thenaturalcafe.com

Reviewed 11/19/2009


I love stopping by SLO en route to LA. What a delightful respite from the LONG drive. The thermostat is permanently set to the mid-70s, it seems, no matter what time of year I go.

But I have yet to find a good restaurant there.

I feel I'm offending the co-eds who work and eat there with this rating, but it reflects the feedback I'd give to my friends. As a student I think I might enjoy this place, but now that my tastes are... uh...more experienced...no thanks.

What we had:

Zen Burger--just okay.

Yogi Special--cubes of hard tofu that looked thrown into a pan and sauteed in oil and soy sauce. It was served unappetizingly next to a bed of brown rice. A yogi did not make that, nor should it be given to a yogi.

Steamed veggies- looked and tasted like they'd been microwaved in a wet bag.

I'm too old for this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment