Monday, July 12, 2010

Kara's Cupcakes

855 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301
(650) 326-2253
karascupcakes.com

First reviewed
9/22/2008


OMG. This was a slam-dunk/love-at-first bite experience.

I had the Sweet Vanilla and Chocolate Velvet--two of the hottest sellers, I was told.

The cake seems to dissolve in your mouth, and the sprinkles add a delicate crunch giving you multiple flavors and textures in one bite! Chocolate Velvet is chocolaty and almost semi-sweet. It totally meets my cacao standards! And I love its just-right sweetness.

Both cupcakes were moist and light. Afterwards, you don't feel like you've eaten a highly toxic, artery-clogging bomb, which is how I feel post-cupcake a lot of the time.

I can't wait to try Fleur de Sel--chocolate cake w/CARAMEL filling--OMG--topped with ganache, AND finished off with rock salt. OMG. Reminds me of this incredible olive-oil-and-sea-sa lt ice cream topping I had at Bi-Rite. Not to digress or anything.

Man, I live for this stuff.

BTW, the store-front is brown and pink. Supercute, appealing to my girly instincts.

AND get this, they use local and organic ingredients. Did I make clear that I love this place?

Updated Review
12/8/2009

OMG.

I repeat: OMG.

Just tried the Peppermint Twist (dark chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting and bits of candy cane). It's the subtlest flavor of the ones I have tried. Cake is nice and daaaark, and the frosting is magically dense and light at the same time.

Surreal........sublime....

Every cupcake I have had here has had WOW! factor in every bite.

It is beyond me how a sweet tooth could not possibly love this place as I do.

Ha! And I thought I was getting over my sweet tooth.

Kara's is still The One for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment