Sunday, July 18, 2010

Westend Bistro

Actually called "Westend Bistro by Eric Ripert" but oh please...
1190 22nd St NW
Washington, DC 20037
(202) 974-4900
westendbistrodc.com
Reviewed 11/9/2009

I fell IN LOVE with chicken this weekend.

Talk about love at first bite... Eric Ripert, I love your grilled chicken leg!

Oh it was succulent. I have never cut through chicken so easily. It was perfectly done.

This baby was served on a bed of couscous mixed with a confetti of veggies and bits of feta. Mmmmmmmmm.

I wanted to go again but it was closed on Sunday. :-(

Given what I know of Eric Ripert, it makes sense that I was gaga for this chicken. However, having read the mediocre Yelp reviews, I did not expect to like it as much as I did. In fact, I pounced on a bar seat shortly after noon on a Friday so I could grab a quick and convenient (but decent) lunch. A few minutes later I was like, "Wooooow...this is GOOOOOOD!"
The service was professional, and reasonably prompt, but not particularly friendly.

But back to Chef Ripert: I would consider myself blessed if I can dine at Le Bernadin. I can imagine what that place is like. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment