Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fraiche Yogurt

644 Emerson St
Palo Alto, CA 94301
(650) 566-0055
www.fraicheyogurt.com

First Reviewed
5/18/2008


Bluebottle coffee, yogurt and dark chocolate--all organic--...these are the foods of the gods, no? Well, were I a god, I would deem them so.

And it does feel divine eating at Fraiche. I feel wholesome and satisfied at the same time. Isn't that what it feels like to be a goddess?

Anyway.

I do feel awfully conformist about raving about this place...who doesn't like Fraiche?!

I used to whine that Fraiche was a haughty place in a haughty town, and that the prices reflected that. (In contrast I love the (relatively) working class charm of Yumi Yogurt.)

Alas, I have been a hypocrite; I have patronized Fraiche on a number of occasions, mostly with visitors from out of town. In the process, I have come to be a loyal fan.

The service is friendly, and the yogurt--dense and creamy--is not at all limey or sorbet-flavored, like at some places (Harmony and Gelayo Gusto's "natural" flavor come to mind). I also love that Fraiche doesn't look factory-manufactured and isn't some mass copy of itself.

If I were in celestialdom, I'd be enjoying the SF Chronicle Special every morning. Just call me Queen Fraiche.

Updated Review
July 2008

I tried chocolate flavor.
Absolute bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment